29 July 2010

Morning!

We are on day one of our ten day trip. It is currently 6.35 in the morning and all of my children have been up for two hours.
In those past two hours the day has brought me a beautiful blazing red sunrise, continuing with blankets of thick white fog covering the many fields and meadows of peaceful southern Minnesota, the cornfields with their lush dark green stalks and the yellow tips stretching tall to the sky, and serene calm warm lakes reflecting back perfectly all their surroundings (a favorite memory i have as a child is one from my cabin on Church Pine Lake. I was skiing in the morning on a perfectly calm lake in late summer. I was cutting the wake back and forth and as I would lean in to the next turn the water would rush over the ski boot and my shin every time… it was soooo warm and soooo soft - one of my best memories…I do love to ski.).
Sigh…..I do love road trips. Thank you Lord for this short time of worshipping You through Your great creation.
Stay tuned for what the rest of the day brings me….I’m sure it will have lots to do with eating/spilling food - in the van, and peeing in water bottles - in the van, and crying - in the van, and ARE WE THERE YET??? - in the van, and stop taking your brother’s books - in the van, and take a nap! - in the van, and no you can’t have anymore cookies - in the van (which is what Sean had for breakfast, although they are oatmeal cookies and I think they taste pretty good, so I’ve heard), - in the van, and - in the van, and - in the van, and - in the van.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful with the water bottles.
    Friend of Eli:
    Max was riding in van with mom and two brothers. They four of them had just returned from long trip to SE United States. Max took a swig of Mountain Dew. Spit it out in disgust, whereupon mom told him that was his youngest brother's discharge bottle from the long trip.
    Empty those bottles!

    ReplyDelete