28 June 2010

Confessions.........

Ok, so my incredible husband bought me a laptop for Mother's Day this year (which comes pretty close to beating the BEST mother's day present I ever received...see below photo) as the one we were using before, which was a hand me down from my motherinlaw, died about three years ago. He felt I could use it during school with the kids and to keep our budget up to date and to pay all of our lovely bills. Plus it's a great way for me, a mom with four usually screaming, crying, MOM-ing, laughing, yelling, singing, disobeying needing instruction right awaying children to keep connected when I have a minute of peace and quiet, like right now at 11:17 pm.





That is a Remington 870 express 20 gauge. And I am a great shot!




Over the last two months I have done all of the aforementioned activities, plus maybe a few other pieces of random 'work' as my sister and I call it, or more like what we tell our children we are doing while on the computer: working. (although Kelly's kids are old enough to know that she is on FB or playing a game....i still have the power over at least 2.5 at this point....Evy is on to me.).

With that said here is the beginning of the confession. I love working crossword puzzles. My mom got me hooked when I was in my early 20's. Every day she would take the puzzle out and work it and then I would try to finish anything she left undone. Eventually I began working my own puzzle and I would get so upset at some of the answers because they didn't make any sense or my mother would know the exact answer which I thought to be utterly random....come to find out there are clues they use over and over and now I am usually in the know. :) I love working them. Over the last few years a new game has come out called Sudoku. It's a grid of 9 boxes with 9 squares in each box and you have to put in the numbers 1-9 vertically and horizontally and within each of the 9 boxes. Not sure that made sense but pretty confident you all know what the game is.

Real confession: I have found Sudoku on Facebook games (gasp with hand clutching pearls right?! I know! How in the h. am I supposed to get any motherly duties done now!). It's actually called Squidoku, thank you very much copyright infringement law for the stupid name, but it's the same game. Oh my. I have limited myself to ONLY ONE game and I can play after I have read my Bible and my kids have had breakfast. Then I do a little 'work' while they eat and not talk to mommy while she is working.....wait, didn't I say something like this in my last post???


gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment