31 October 2010

Lipstick

My grandmother, who just turned 87, was in the hospital a few weeks ago with chest pain and trouble breathing. Test after test after test finally showed she had some blockage in her heart and she needed a few stints put in.

This past Thursday she was feeling terrible and her chest was heaving as she tried to catch her breath. The doctor told my mom to take her to the ER.

As my mom rushed around getting Nanny's things together, Nan called to me.

"Julay (Nan is from Alabama and has a very thick southern accent), will you get my little green bag off my table please?"

so I say sure and go get what is her makeup bag. Here she is, my 87 year old grandmother with a pulseox of 90 just had two stints put in a few days earlier and she needs me to get her lipstick so she can look presentable to go to the ER.


No comments:

Post a Comment