22 June 2010

Robin?

This morning as I was sitting at the kitchen table reading my bible and 'working' online I hear a noise over by the stairs (we have a morning ritual where the kids, usually Coley Boy, sit on the bottom stair and make noises and we shutter and shriek in fear about what wild animal/pirate/superhero could be lurking round the corner). I heard the noises and got up from my chair to 'spy with my little eye' as Baby G says what could be awaiting me....and there was Robin? I went up and hugged him on the stairs and said 'Oh, Batman you look awesome!' 'Mommy, I'm Robin' 'Oh, sorry bud OK! I love your mask'. All the while my mind is reeling....why is he Robin??

We have started a new activity this summer - going to the library on Mondays. It was only our second trip this Monday, yes, all five of us go (it will be fun someday I'm sure...I'm very confident!). The kids can pick 2 or 3 books and one movie each. Coley Boy picked Batman & Mr. Freeze, Subzero! He thinks it's the best movie in the world and came downstairs when they were done watching and told me how exciting it was and what happened, but he's Robin.

I don't get that.....why wouldn't you be Batman? He's the big man, the stud, the hero. Robin is a........bird - no offense intended for anyone named Robin reading this. (As I am writing this Coley Boy is yelling 'I'M NOT BATMAN!!!') It's like Ponch and Jon from CHiPs right? Jon who??? or Bo and Luke Duke.....step aside brown haired Luke!!!



However, after doing hours of soul searching and personality diagnosis about why my boy would want to be Robin instead of Batman, I have suddenly recalled when I would play with my cousin I ALWAYS opted to be Dyna Girl and my cousin would be Electra Woman. Well, there you have it. I have solved the mystery. The boy is his mother's son. I love him a lot too.

1 comment:

  1. Holy sidekick Batman... I was just talking about Electra Woman and Dyna Girl the other day...clearly in a crowd too young b/c no one even knew what I was talking about. Sooo funny. I saw it recently...as in the last 3 years and my girls loved it. Did this old 70's momma's heart good. :) And Little Coley makes an awesome Robin!!!!! I like the briefs ont he outside of the pants. Make it more realistic. :)

    Let me know when it starts being fun to go to the Library. I'm still waiting.

    ReplyDelete